Friday, April 18, 2014

Iceman and an Irishman


I think I didn't blink at all throughout the bar fight and also during the battle at the bridge.

Before I watched Iceman 3D,  I had read some bad reviews so I wasn't expecting much.  However, I enjoyed the turbo-charged actioner starring Donnie Yen.

Iceman was interspersed  with humour and captivating stunts.  There wasn't a single dull moment. For moviegoers who usually find themselves dozing off when they're watching a movie, are not likely to find themselves doing that here unless they're dead tired.

After 400 years of being frozen, three imperial guards from the Ming Dynasty found themselves in 2014. Once comrades, two of the guards turned against the protagonist as they thought the latter had betrayed the country.

At the end of the movie, the truth is revealed not with words but by the protagonist's actions.  Judge a man by his deeds and actions and not by what he says, as the cliche goes.

Meanwhile, I also enjoyed the movie "Winter's Tale" starring Colin Farrell.



Like Iceman, Winter's Tale is a story about the age-old battle between good and evil.  

It is also about love and miracles and how the universe brings people into our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment