Monday, December 23, 2013

Celebrating Tang Yuan

Gathering
A Family Gathering

The Chinese community celebrates the Tang Yuan festival today (Dec 22) where balls of various colours made from glutinous rice flour is boiled and eaten together to symbolise family unity.

Though this is a family gathering of the Yeow family, I'm glad they invited me to join them. 

Snooker
with Ang Kee Kai, who is nearly two years old
These balls are round like Tang Yuan.  But Aunty has absolutely no idea whether we are playing pool, billiards or snooker.

Nona Shella

 Let's ask Aunty Shella.  Ok, she says its billiards.

Playing Billiards

And now it is my turn to take a shot.  As I was holding the cue stick, I suddenly remembered an office outing that took place a long time ago.  I wonder if any of my former colleagues still remember that outing.  I also forgot all about that episode until tonight.  Memories...




Karaoke

After a game of billiards  --- billiards or billiard??? ---  I joined the Yeow sisters for a little karaoke session,





followed by a photo shoot with all 6 of the Yeow sisters.





The Yeow sisters with their mother.  Thank you.  I had so much fun tonight.









No comments:

Post a Comment