Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thank You For This Blessed Life

Green Candle
I lighted an apple-scented green candle today and prayed.  The reason I chose green was because the colour symbolises life, well-being, balance, among other things.

I've been out of action for the past three days due to flu.  However, today's an eventful Sunday.

Aeon Bukit Indah in Johor Baru was crowded with shoppers scouting for  Christmas gifts.  One can just feel the Christmas cheer all around.  I, too, indulged myself in buying gifts as a way of saying "thank you" for a blessed life filled with caring friends and good health.

Health --- that is so important for one to have a quality life.  Please don't let the stress get to you.  I know it's not easy.  Definitely not easy --- with deadlines to meet, responsibilities, inner demons, personality clashes, blah blah blah. But it can be done.

The Buddha says: 'If a person foolishly does me wrong, I will return to him the protection of my boundless love. The more evil that comes from him the more good will go from me. I will always give off only the fragrance of goodness."

I have my share of challenges and people who dislike me.  But then, don't we all?   It's a natural learning process.  Part and parcel of life.  

Sashimi
shake belly sashimi (left) and hotate sashimi

Anyway, while shopping, I suddenly craved for sashimi, so I strolled into the Kinsahi Japanese Restaurant.  The shake belly sashimi dipped with wasabi and soy sauce was pure pleasure for the taste bud.  Hmm... simply divine.

The meal came with a pot of ocha (Japanese green tea) which is said to have numerous health benefits.

The mind is the source of happiness and unhapiness.   Choose well.



No comments:

Post a Comment