Friday, November 22, 2013

Conquering Self

Rainbow

This is the rainbow that I saw this morning while making my way to the summit of Gunung Pulai.  I was there three weeks ago In the Woods  and  today I am here again with Anthony, May and Nona Shella.

I need to thank Anthony and May once again, for patiently waiting for me for nearly three hours at the foot of Gunung Pulai.

We reached there at 6.35am and immediately started the hike.  But Anthony and May reached the top way before me and Shella.  However, I was determined to conquer Gunung Pulai.  I wanted to see what was at the summit. And I wanted to strengthen my "ichinen" (determination or one life moment).

Along the way, I saw this rainbow which according to popular belief, symbolises good luck, peace and love. 

I didn't expect to find a telecommunication tower at the peak. Shella and I sat on top of a rock for a moment before starting the descent from the summit.

In total, we had walked 10km, as it was 5km up and 5km down Gunung Pulai, which stands 654m above sea level.,

It was not just the conquering of  Gunung Pulai.  Because as I was reaching the top, I was chiding myself and thinking thoughts like: "Today's a public holiday in Johor. Should've slept longer instead." "All the aches and pain for what?" "Could've gone shopping instead or find a good book to indulge in at My Library".

But at the end ....
 

Sitting on a Rock

That's me indulging in a sense of achievement of having reached the top and having conquered self.


Still lots of conquering to do (fundamental darkness hehehe) but that's for another day.

For now, I just need to soak my sore feet in a tub of warm water with sea salt, which was given by May.  Let me take this opportunity to once again thank her and Anthony for their patience and benevolence.  I promise I will improve my endurance and stamina, so that I can reach the summit in a shorter time. 

Can indulging in salmon increase stamina? Omega-3 fatty acids improves blood circulation, right? I'm reminiscencing my wonderful stay at the Pulai Desaru Beach Resort and Spa.

Grilled Salmon


CRAVING...Grilled salmon on garlic boiled potato with sauteed vegetable served with lemongrass butter sauce available at the Palm Brasserie of the resort, followed by a serving of fresh fruits to finish off the meal.






2 comments:

  1. CORRECTIONS! May just pointed out to me that in total I had completed 10km in 3 hours. So they had waited only 1 hour at the foot of Gunung Pulai. I sometimes "blur blur" one. The error is regretted. But 1 hour is also a long time, and once again I have to say "Thank You".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I tried Gunung Pulai, I also lasted 1.5km. hahaha
    Can't wait to go again once I'm home! :D

    ReplyDelete