Thursday, November 7, 2013

An Awesome Day!

Footprints in the Sand
Shella leaving footprints in the sand.

Write your sad times in sand, write your great times in stone."- Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950)

Desaru Beach
The alluring Desaru Beach.


Reached here in the late afternoon.  From the Perling toll in Johor Baru, it took nearly 2 hours to get to the Desaru beach. But it was worth the drive.. Haven't got a chance to frolic in the sun in quite a while.  Another stolen moment.  The 22km stretch of the South China Sea behind the Pulai Desaru Beach Resort and Spa is an enticing draw.

Desaru Beach

Lazing on the Rocks


That's me lazing on the rocks. A wonderful place to just sit, close your eyes, shut out the noise and get connected with the Divine. However, I have something embarrasing to share.  When I tried to stand and walk on the rocks, I had to be "rescued".  I didn't set out to be the damsel in distress, but when I wanted to get down, it was slippery and there were sharp edges.  I was terribly terribly afraid of falling.  My faith is not strong, I guess.  This urban dweller and novice traveller just needs to get out more.

A Walk on the Beach
Lady in Red

Next time may bring my swimsuit and float board. On second thought, MAYBE NOT as the sea was qute rough even during low tide in the late afternoon. Wouldn't want to go missing at sea!!!

Desaru Fruit Farm
Bee pollen, honey, fruits and royal jelly can be found here.

On the way home  via the Johor Baru - Kota Tinggi trunk road, Nona Shella and I stopped by at the Dessaru Fruit Farm to get some "buah srikaya" (sugar-apple fruit).  I've never heard of this fruit before.  Need to get out more.  Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment