Sunday, November 3, 2013

Rice with durian, and love with no regrets

Durian with Rice
Durian with Rice

Enjoy an instant meal of succulent durian with rice.

Put less than a teaspoon of sugar and salt each, depending on how salty or sweet you want the rice to be.  Then pour water into the rice, and you're ready to tuck into a yummilicious meal.  Easy, right?

Opening the durian, however, is another story.

I think I'm having delayed onset muscle soreness after my trip to Gunung Pulai yesterday. Going to see the doctor afterwards. My throat is also a little sore.  However, I'm still looking forward to my next adventure.  Life is to be indulged.

A friend of mine, who used to be a big fan of LOVE, said true love only exists in fairytales.  She said: "Sorry to burst your bubble but that is the way it is."

She may NOT be wrong,  but I also believe that all experiences serve to  leave an imprint, some more than others, and all such experiences are to be enjoyed and cherished without any regret.








1 comment:

  1. Durian with rice is a favourite of the Penangites.

    ReplyDelete