Monday, August 18, 2014

Do I Still Want To Be A SAHM?


It was always a dream of mine to be a housewife or a Stay-At-Home Mom (SAHM). Well, today I was with a SAHM and her children, JS, aged four and JE, who is turning one next month.

The 37-year-old mother shared with me that if a couple are having marital problems, having children is not going to make things better.

It was hard for me to digest that because I have always been told that children will strengthen the family bond.

My friend Gladys then elaborated: "When my hubby comes home --- tired and frustrated and wanted to share with me about his day at the office --- and I'm all ears, but then JS comes up to us, eagerly showing us his new toy or he's curious about a new discovery.

"After we have answered all his questions, his sister may start to cry and I can't focus my attention on my husband anymore."

"Sometimes my husband and I can't even enjoy a TV show together like we did before. And when we go out together, the kids may vomit in the car. Or if we're eating in a restaurant and the children start to throw tantrums ..."

Gladys also said that a wife should always try to look neat and presentable no matter how tired she is.

"I used to work in an office.  Even after JS was born, I was working. My former boss told me I would never get used to staying at home. I quit anyway because I wanted to learn how to be a Mom".

"I do miss my former workplace and there were times when things got a little overwhelming. But I tell myself this. This is my job. My job is to be a Mom and I'm going to be one hell of a Mom," said Gladys. 

There are many nice pics of Gladys and the kids, but Gladys said not to show their faces so much, so I've chosen pics of me with the kids instead.

In the picture above, we were just warming up. After a while, it's playtime.



Do I still want to be a housewife and SAHM? 

(Shrug)

Gladys has her own blog at http://sotayoutlet.blogspot.com/ where she writes about her activities with her kids.


2 comments:

  1. "It was always a dream of mine to be a housewife or a Stay-At-Home Mom (SAHM)"

    Really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...one of my many childhood dreams.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete