Sunday, August 31, 2014

Project: Bihun Goreng Kampung



To celebrate the nation's 57th Independence Day, I decided to cook a meal. My project for the day: Bihun Goreng Kampung.

As I wield a pen more than I do a spatula, I am not expecting much.

But the dish turned out to be beyond my expectation. I don't know how I could churn out something so utterly tasteless.

Ok, maybe I'm being too hard on myself.  The dish can still be eaten after you add soy sauce. I did put ikan bilis, dried shrimp plus salt while I was cooking. Somehow it still tasted bland.

I don't think I'll  be having "bee hoon" for the next month or two. Maybe I should have stuck with nasi goreng kampung. Maybe that's why shops rarely offer meehoon goreng kampung.. Even those that have nasi goreng kampung and meehoon goreng biasa on the menu. When you request for the rice to be replaced with bihun, they'll say it can't be done.

(Note: bihun, meehoon and bee hoon all mean the same thing --- rice vermicelli)

But I will be wielding the spatula again --- sometime in the not too near future.  

I then went out and ordered myself


nasi goreng kampung at Lavender Bakery and Bistro that costs RM12 per plate.

So much for my little Hari Merdeka project. I think my office is having a potluck session soon. I'd like to contribute a home-cooked dish.

Also spent the day reading a book titled "The Power of Persistent Prayer" by Cindy Jacobs. It's a very nice read. You need to believe or else there is no need to pray. 

Sometimes when unfavorable things or obstacles cross your path, your faith wavers. Cindy preaches that it is the hard times that calls for one to pray even harder.

Though I haven't finished reading the entire book yet, I think I know now how I should pray and what I should be praying for.


No comments:

Post a Comment