Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Journey of Ingenuity and Discovery



I've often wondered what does the presidential suite of the Renaissance Johor Bahru in Permas Jaya look like.

The suite costs Malaysian Ringgit Five Thousand a night at Renaissance, the signature lifestyle brand of Marriott International.

Well, I got a glimpse of the suite during a familiarisation tour of the hotel on Friday (Dec 20).

The 345-room hotel also has the deluxe room, club room, junior suite and pool terrace.
I am more than happy that I got to stay in the junior suite located on the 16th floor, which costs about RM700 a night. My 24 hour stay seemed like a journey through a world of ingenuity and discovery. An awakening of the senses. After all, "Live Life To Discover", is the tagline of the Renaissance.

Upon arrival, I was invited to have lunch at the non-halal Wan Li Restaurant where the hotel's executive chef Foong Wai Loong churned out the

Mango Peking Duck
Mango Peking Duck
Dessert
Pomelo Mango Sago

coffee chicken, watermelon durian  prawn, dancing durian puff, among others.  Chef Foong has clearly discovered the recipe for novelty as one can see from his creative menu and culinary presentation.   



After an invigorating hot shower,  it was meal time again at the Cafe BLD (Breakfast Lunch Dinner) where a sumptuous buffet spread awaits.  I found the Irish stew absolutely irresistible.

Fresh seafood
Check out the oysters, prawns and mussels available at Cafe BLD

The all-day dining outlet was filled to capacity, as usual.

The tour included a visit to the gym, the pool, ballrooms and executive lounge, among others.  I was told the 5-star hotel will be opening a spa in the first quarter of 2014.

Is it a sin to have so much fun in one day? The thought crossed my mind as I drifted into sleep that night.

- to be continued -

No comments:

Post a Comment