Friday, July 25, 2014

Watch the Sun Rise (or is it Sunset?)


I'm not sure because I didn't snap this breathtaking shot of  Kukup in Johor. I think it's a sunset but I prefer it to be a sunrise. So sunrise it shall be.


Like Helen Ang says, "my blog, my like".

I'm glad most of the dignitaries in Malaysia are not hosting a Hari Raya Open House this year as a mark of respect for the victims of MH17.

There's just no Raya mood with all these tragedies in our midst. But do celebrate with your closest and dearest.

Yesterday,  in the New Straits Times report I read that Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong (BN-Air Hitam) had slammed a number of public rebukes earned by a few elected representatives whose comments were deemed tasteless by many.

Wee, a Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, had also advised that rather than shifting blame to resolve issues, we should stand united and discard the contempt for one another in light of a tragedy like MH17.

Yesterday, I was bombarding my Facebook status with a myriad of thoughts throughout the day.  People say it's not wise to post grouses on FB status, but I think it's ok. It's quite harmless to voice your angst and disgusts in social networking websites, just as long as you don't overdo it.  It's a better way to release tension than smoking, backstabbing, resorting to violence.

I always say don't let external factors disrupt your peace, but the thought of  having "saboteurs" around at a time like this really irked me.  Saboteurs who do it openly and those who lurk in the shadows. In a way, I also was weak to let them affect my inner world.

Today I really need to get grounded. There are numerous ways to do this --- meditation, chanting, writing are just some of them.

I would like to share this lovely advice from Taylor Swift. This is an excerpt

"Hannah. Eyes, eyes, eyes. Woah. You have the prettiest, widest, most child like eyes. (Composes herself) Okay. About this guy. I think we grow up thinking the only love that counts as true love is the kind that lasts forever or is fully realized. When you have a broken heart, the first thing a stranger will ask is 'how long were you two together?' As if your pain can be determined by how long you were with someone. Or if you were with them at all. I don't think that's how it works. I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind. It's just as crushing and just as thrilling. No matter what happens in this situation, I want you to remember that what you are doing is selfless and beautiful and kind. You are loving someone purely because you love them, not because you think you'll ever have your affections reciprocated. You are admiring something for its beauty, without needing to own it. Feel good about being the kind of person who loves selflessly. I think someday you'll find someone who loves you in that exact same way."

If you want to read the full article, please click  Taylor Swift's advice to a fan in instagram 

Sweet, huh? 

"Before becoming a Muslim, a Sikh, a Hindu, or a Christian, let's become a human first" --- the wise words of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

And "The Mind is not a dustbin to keep anger, hatred and jealousy but a treasure box to keep love, happiness and sweet memories."

Can anyone read this http://bigstory.ap.org/article/kiss-prayer-last-hours-mh17s-victims without the tears welling or thinking of turning to your loved ones to give them a hug?

One needs to cherish every moment and every person in your life, because you will never know when it will be the last time you see them.

To all my Muslim friends who will be heading home to celebrate the Hari Raya Aidilfitri, have a safe journey.

2 comments:

  1. Biasalah saboteurs. You find people like that everywhere. In my office, people take their own things and then shout "Thieves". Orang cam tu pun ada beb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dosa sendiri tanggung


    Taylor Swift rocks! Love her, love her, love her.

    ReplyDelete