Friday, July 18, 2014

Hot Number





I knew it!

Out of curiosity, I decided to check out the 4D outlets today and true enough, the crash of  the Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 on July 17 has prompted punters to head to the 4D outlets to bet on 1717, only to be told that the number has been sold out for this Saturday and Sunday (July 19 & July 20) for Sports Toto, Damacai and Magnum.

A counter girl said that it was sold out by 8am, which was even before the outlets open for business. How can that be?



The same thing happened when MH370 went missing. Punters made a beeline for the number.

Punters are very well-informed about current affairs, and very good at putting together four digits.  Even at a relative's funeral, they'd come up with a 4D to bet on based on the deceased's age or day of departure.

And when the number comes up, they'd say the departed relative liked them and had given them some money.  I've heard this after attending several funerals --- I'm not making this up.

But then, it's not a big sin to be a punter, as long as you don't get obsessed with gambling, and start borrowing money or short change family and friends.

And it's not just one race that is prone to punt, although the majority of punters are Chinese.  One Malay man came up to me just now --- I'm not making this up --- and said that he can come up with a person's winning number based on one's birthdate.  He asked me if I was interested.  

I told him I was not, because I was buying the numbers for someone else. 

Out of curiosity I also tried 2525, which is sold out for Saturday but available for Sunday (Magnum and Toto). For Damacai, 2525 was available for Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment