Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tak Rasa Bersalah Ke?

I need to vent.

This incident happened two days ago.

My KL bosses were asking me about some stories. I checked the slug book and found that there were slug numbers taken for the stories so I thought the thing had been done by my colleague. I gave the slug numbers to my bosses so that they can retrieve the stories.

The next day at around noon, there was a reminder to send the same stories. So I put a gentle reminder in the JB Bureau group Whatsapp to please send the said stories to KL.

That same day at 5pm, KL was rushing me to send those stories again as one of the stories was going into print. They were waiting ....

I confidently said it was sent already but if KL still didn't receive them, then I would just have to re-send. When I opened the slugs, to my shock, what stared back at me was a blank screen.  At that time I still thought, maybe the stories were done but had not been saved or had been accidentally deleted.

I called up my colleague, who told me "DIDN'T DO".  I got very angry and voiced it out in the group whatsapp.  Ok, maybe I did not do it with tact.  But I was angry at the time.

The next day.  I had forgotten about the incident already, and I whatsapp my colleague like normal.  However, I could detect some difference when he replied to my message.

Doesn't he feel bad for being irresponsible?  I don't go around "disturbing" others.  I have my own things to do and worry about.

But when KL bosses look for me, I look for you.  Why the hell are you angry with me?  Tak rasa bersalah ke?


Now, a separate matter.  I ordered this item in May.  The salesman said he could have it delivered to my house. Not a problem since I live quite near to the retail outlet.   He also said he would call once the item arrived at his shop.

Yesterday I only knew the item had arrived after I called the shop.  I decided to drive to the retail outlet.  I didn't know the gross weight of the item was 20.5kg.  He said he could deliver it but only on a Monday or Tuesday.  I work this Monday and Tuesday, so it isn't convenient for me. 

It turned out he couldn't even deliver the thing to my car because he said he was alone in the shop. Fine.

Fortunately, a security guard of the shopping mall gallantly loaded the item from the trolley to my car

After having made all the sweet promises to get me to buy, shouldn't the salesman try to be more accommodating?  If I hadn't paid the money yet, maybe things would be different.  Tak rasa bersalah ke?

Okay, I have vented.  I am going to take a nap now.

I don't think I need to make any apologies to my co-worker for my sudden outburst, but if I have hurt anyone's delicate feelings ... I AM SORRY.

4 comments:

  1. Cobaan jadikan pelajaran. Mesti berwaspada selalu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before buy "everything can". After buy "everything can-not". Wonder if it's the same with marriage.

    ReplyDelete