Sunday, December 29, 2013

I Hate Goodbyes

The Story of Jesus


Captivated by this altar in Mary's house, I can't help asking the question: "Why must things change when they're already going so well?"

There was a time when I'd skip off to work.  When a friend heard this, she found it hard to believe.  She said no one actually likes their work.   

For me, it was not like that at all. Once upon a time.

But I know all things happen for a reason, and setbacks are not there to discourage you, but to show you what you're capable of.

You meet new people, form new friendships.  Lynn Mazlina A. Majid and Taufik Salimin from a Malay daily were two new friends I made over the last year.  Lynn came to JB a year and a half ago.  She still remembered the day we first met.  It was at a Press conference at the Persada Johor International Convention Centre.  She came in and introduced herself.  At that time, I did not know she was the new "ketua biro of Kosmo".

5 Friends
(from left) Shella, Lynn, Mary, Me, Taufik



A Simple Gathering
with Mary's Mom and sis, Anne, and that's Ibrahim Isa on the far right.
The little elf


Mary's Mom is a great cook.  For the gathering, she churned out fried mee, nuggets and wedges.  And Aunty also made rasem, which is one of my favourite soups.  I drank it from a glass like it was a hot beverage.  It was very soothing to the throat.

Meanwhile, Lynn's farewell speech went something like this.
  
"What I was most afraid of is saying goodbye... But ya....life moves so fast. Many thanks for being my friend,  not just when it was convenient, but at all times. Truthfully, there's nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. Again, many thanks for being present in my life, all the time... all the way. Thank you also for giving me beautiful memories that I'm going to cherish for a life time. I'm blessed to have friends like all of you.

And remember... Don't let anyone steal your joy. We'll see each other again..."


Friends



Friends

Purple Bear

People come into your life for a reason. Cherish the friendships that you have now.  Every moment is a gift.

That's life... we are all here for a little while, and then we're whisk off to somewhere else to start anew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment