Thursday, January 30, 2014

My CNY Reunion Dinner Dishes

Meatball soup
Meatball soup

This dish was among the dishes for Chinese New Year reunion dinner.  It tasted nothing like the meatball soup that my late mother used to make.  Need to fine-tune the recipe.

Meatball
The chicken cuts were blended and then mixed with corn flour, plain flour and an egg.

Amateur meatballs
Here are the meatballs of an amateur cook.


The Chinese also love to eat fish during the Chinese New Year as it symbolises  年年有余 (Nian Nian You Yu) which translates to "Abundance Throughout The Year."

Food Presentation

Garnishing and food presentation is very important.  However, I think I may have over presented.

Jiu Hu Char

Ahh... my favourite "jiu hu char".  But today's dish was seriously lacking in salt.  Nevermind, can repair later.  The ingredients include shredded cuttlefish, turnip, mushrooms, carrots and chicken.




This dish is a mystery to me.  I have no idea what it is.  A fusion maybe.   "Sotong sumbat", perhaps?  Definitely not a Chinese New Year traditional dish, but it's 2014.  Anything goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment