Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Remembering the Departed


Aren't these flowers beautiful?

They're for my late father, who departed on July 16, 2004; and my late mother, who departed on November 12, 2010.  I visited them at the Ngee Heng Crematorium in Johor Bahru this morning, where their cremains were kept.  



Tomorrow, being the eve of Chinese New Year, the Chinese community will be busy preparing for the big reunion dinner.  Some will be feasting at home, some will be eating out.

Me? I'll be eating at home.  Will start cutting the veggies in a little while, in preparation for tomorrow's feast.  It will be a special feast, prepared with love and mindfulness.

Among the traditional Nyonya dishes on the menu are "jiu hu char", "kiam chai" duck soup and my mother's favourite  chicken meatball soup which will have mushroom, sea cucumber, carrot and cabbage.



No comments:

Post a Comment