Thursday, October 23, 2014

Absolute Happiness


Updated



After a night of refreshing sleep, my mind has more clarity now. Have been sleeping very well in the past two nights. Such bliss.  Anyway, it just dawned on me that I need to clarify some things concerning what I wrote last night.

First of all, one can't be perturbed by good news. You can't help but feel elated if you learnt you've  won RM2 million or a brand new Ducati Multistrada 1200.  But after a while, the joy slips away like a fleeting rainbow.

And when I say "death is a new beginning ...", I don't want the disheartened to opt for the easy way out. Knowing that our present actions and thoughts determine our next destination, Buddhism teaches one to lead a good life now.

Come what may, take it in your stride.

Okay, time to reflect



Have a pleasant day, and be good!



Original Post



To be unperturbed by good news or bad news. To achieve absolute happiness. To go home a Buddha.

I can say YES to all these at the retreat but once I get back to the concrete jungle, I wonder if I'd even remember all of the above.

We can decide our next journey. What we did yesterday showed up today, and what we do today will determine our tomorrow. Death is not the end, but a new beginning. 

Only when there are problems are there opportunities for growth, and everything that happens to us is to lead us to our Buddhahood.  Everyone of us is a Buddha.

We have to center our life on something more profound than fleeting pleasures and romances. 

By the way, they serve six meals a day over here. I need to go on a diet as soon as I get home. At the same time I will also try to practise all that I have learnt here.

Just sharing a little of what I have learnt today.

Sleep well, everyone. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment