Friday, October 17, 2014

Old And New

Was walking along Jalan Tan Hiok Née, a street named after the leader of Ngee Heng Kongsi of Johor, a Teochew secret society that existed from 1844 to 1916, when I saw two pretty artists doing sketches of the pre-war buildings there,



This shows that conservation of historical and cultural heritage adds allure to a cityscape, lending it a unique identity.


Also passed by the Ah Hua Kuay Teow soup stall in Restoran See Kee at Jalan Segget, nearby.  The charcoal stove caught my attention. Feels like you're in another era. 


In the bus as I was going home, I saw three commuters keep abreast of current affairs --- one on his tablet, while another commuter in front was reading the newspaper.


Another commuter on my left was also reading a local daily. Although It's not advisable to read in a moving vehicle, it's always nice to see people reading the news whether it's in the digital or conventional format.



No comments:

Post a Comment