Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bigger Feet or Shoes Have Shrunk?

I need to lose weight.  I can't wear my new shoes.

I didn't know our feet will also grow when we gain weight.

I bought two pairs of new shoes about two months before the Chinese New Year.  When I put them on recently, I had to force my feet in.  I don't think I would've bought them if they had been so tight.  Did I buy the shoes in the morning?  I can't remember.  It was two months ago.

Shoes

I admit I couldn't keep my hands off the pineapple tarts, almond cookies and love letters these past few days coupled with ginger ale to drown my sorrows and it's making me more pear-shaped than ever.

with Nona Shella and Rospawati Huri at City Square Johor Bahru.

It was nice to meet up with my best friend, Rospawati, from secondary school.   We are still as blur as ever, just like the good old days.

at Kotaraya

At the Galleria@Kotaraya in Johor Bahru enjoying donuts with Rospawati, her husband Zuraimi Aine and their very lovely daughter, Dian Atiqah Zuraimi.

They just arrived from across the Causeway.  I grew up in Singapore but things are not like what it used to be anymore in the republic.  Nowadays, if you were to throw a stone in the street you will likely hit a foreigner with it.

Both Zuraimi and Rospawati are currently undergoing a six-month long leadership course in order to remain competitive in the fast-paced city.

What they love most about Johor Baru?  The traditional Malay cuisines, kuih-muih and pepes ayam/ikan. Rospawati also loves to go to the pasar tani for perishables every once in a while.

It was a fun-filled day.  But news of the Mount Sinabung volcano eruption in Indonesia took away some of the fun. Please send prayers to the victims and their loved ones.

I need to watch my diet and exercise.  I love my new shoes.   




No comments:

Post a Comment