Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Much To Be Thankful For

Two Dogs
Gray and Baby.
There's much to be thankful for today.  Let me start by telling you about  Gray, a five-year-old German Shepherd, and 10-month-old Baby, a cross between a Beagle and a Cocker Spaniel or a Duschand, I'm not so sure.

No one wanted Baby so my big-hearted aunty took her in.  She is part of the family now.  Both Gray and Baby get along fine.


While Shella's busy in the kitchen helping my aunt prepare lunch, I was playing with the dogs in the living room.  Really thankful for this moment.

Lunch is served

Finally, lunch is ready.  Can't play no more.  My aunt has given me the recipes for "chicken rendang" and "sambal".  Thank you for that and the hearty meal with my aunt and uncle.  I am definitely going to try to make the sambal when I get home.  Shella can handle the chicken rendang.

My aunt also shared with me a sad story about my other aunt, who is her sister.  My other aunt is a widow.  She is suffering from dementia and is living alone. Let us all do all the good that we can now, and pray that we do not end up in such a sad state.

I have yet to say what I am most thankful for today.  While I was on my way to my aunt's house, the wheel of a black four-wheel drive in front of my car suddenly came off.  I saw smoke coming out of the tyre and the driver lost control of the vehicle just a little bit before coming to an abrupt stop.

I was very calm at the time, and the car following behind also managed to stop in time. That's why Never Never Never tailgate another car.

Drive safe everyone, stay positive and do all the good that you can. 




No comments:

Post a Comment