Sunday, June 29, 2014

In The Mood For Some Classics

The start of the fasting month...the holy month of Ramadan... Muslims fast to practice restraint from temptations, all vices and desires; to appreciate the blessings of food, to feel the sufferings of those who are in hunger, to give the digestive system a break after 11 months of non-stop operation, to worship honesty (can't eat or smoke even when no one is looking).

  I got all of the above from the Internet. Yesterday, a visitor from Taiwan asked me why do Muslims have to fast on Ramadan. I was caught off-guard. I directed her to ask the tudung-clad lady sitting not too far from me. Yeah, took the easy way out.

  Selamat berpuasa to all Muslims. Happy fasting. Think pure thoughts, perform good deeds, speak kind words.

  I am going to enjoy my day off staying indoors.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment