Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chill With Avocado Juice

The "juice alpukat" (avocado juice) with ayam penyet at Ayam Penyet Ria in City Square Johor Baru was the highlight of the day.  The avocado juice was so so so delicious.

I'm not working today.  It didn't start out too well, but after hearing news about the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 that went missing after it left Kuala Lumpur earlier today, how bad could my day be? 

Yesterday, my emotions went haywire.  I handed a form to someone a few days ago.  The form went missing.  We both tried to remember that day but I only remembered up to the point where I handed her the form, and she only remembered up to the point where she received the form from me.

Whatever happened after that, neither of us could remember. I could have taken back the form after I had given it to her.  I'm not saying I did that but I just couldn't remember.  I also cannot say that she left it on her desk and someone took it away simply because I didn't see that.  The wind could've blown it away.  It could've gotten into one of the files.  There are a few possibilities.

 I wasn't angry because I can always fill up the form again.  It wasn't a big problem.

But I needed to inform someone about the missing form.  And this someone said this to me: "Let this be a lesson to you."  He said that because he thought I didn't make a photocopy of it.  But I had already made a copy.

Anyway, that one short sentence sent an avalanch of thoughts and emotions my way.  Immediately, I switched to victim mode.  Initially, there was no anger at all.  But when the anger took over, I contemplated writing a nasty note.  Something like this one, somehow I didn't know how to.

I only had this to say: "Saboteur, what do you get by taking my things except earn demerit points? I can always fill it up again. And I get merit points." 

Quite nasty, right?  :)  Maybe I just didn't have the mean streak.   

But all this was yesterday.  Today, I don't see it as a personal attack anymore.  I was expecting some understanding, some sympathy perhaps, and didn't see "Let this be a lesson to you" coming.  

Today  I just want to say "Sorry, I should have better control of my emotions."




3 comments:

  1. Whatever people want to say, let them say lah. Don't let what they say affect and disturb your day.

    WestGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, saya setuju dengan WestGirl. Sekarang punya orang mana tahu erti respectful or compassionate punya. People all selfish and individualistik. So, u too, should learn to ignore all these wierdos.

    WIERDO NUMERO 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this world people strewn banana skin in your path and wait. They wait for you to fall and LOL when that happens.

    ReplyDelete