Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pray





We need to move beyond talking and preaching and start PRAYING.

Pray consistently.  Pray persistently.  Pray for the salvation of others.  Pray for clarity and wisdom.  Pray for the strength to face whatever challenges you are facing.

I was in church today.  I'm not a Christian, but I think the most important thing to do NOW is to pray. 

I really enjoyed the sermon.  The pastor talked about God opening doors for us, but our pride, behavior and attitude may have closed the door, denying ourselves the privileges and blessings. 

I enjoyed the joke which the pastor shared about the two parrots where one was trained to say "Let's Pray".  Yes, the parrot can only utter "Let's Pray", while another parrot had only been trained to say "Let's Get Married".  One day the owners of these two parrots decided to get their pets together so that they can learn from one another.

When the meeting eventually took place, one parrot uttered "Let's Get Married" and the other promptly replied: "Prayers answered."

There was another joke he shared which I found was pretty funny too, but I shall leave that for another day.

Nothing was mentioned at all about the flight MH370 but as we all closed our eyes to pray, I'm sure many of us were sending prayers to the victims and loved ones of the passengers and crew.

When I read NST online today, I also came across this report where our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had called on Malaysians to continue offering prayers and motivational support for families of passengers on board the missing Beijing-bound MH370 flight.  The report was by Adib Povera.


I also read this  Prayers for MH370 on http://bigcatrambleon.blogspot.com/  She said it so well here.


 I've always been interested in faith and prayer.  I don't really pray or chant consistently.  I get lazy and also "hilang semangat" at times.  But I do believe in the power of prayers.  And it is essential to know what we are praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment