Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Million Things To Do

I may have over-reacted last night. I was referring to my post  Dumbfounded.         .

That's why people say "a problem is not a problem but our reaction is the problem". If someone is rude, munafiq, arrogant, inconsiderate, selfish, calculative, uncaring and we get angry, offended, disappointed, frustrated .... we will never have Happy Days!
I think this wonderful revelation came from the late Charlotte Joko Beck in her book, Everyday Zen. 
When I went to the kiosk to make a payment for my Celcom number, the man who was manning the kiosk and who walks with a limp, was rather rude. But now that I think about it, his physical handicap could be a contributing factor to his "bad attitude". 
So when my number could not be found in the system, it triggered the impulse to write about the company which hired a Russian beauty to endorse its brand.  Actually, it's not really a big deal --- I mean my number not being in the system.  I can be an anonymous user.    
That's just me de-cluttering my thoughts. This is what happens when you don't know what to do on a day when you have nothing to do.
That's not completely true either. There are bills to pay, relatives and friends to visit and catch up with, pets to pat and projects to finish. There are a million things to do, like

making a cushion cover or a blanket from these leftover rags.


making my own costume jewellery. Please note that these are just some of my collection and none of the jewellery that you see in the picture were made by me. I have tried and the feedback was not too encouraging.

I once asked my friend if she could help me sell my jewellery online, those that I made myself, of course.  Her answer was a resounding NO. I said "Why not?" and she said I have no handiwork skills. 

Ok lah, I'll just have to find something else to do, like maybe, shopping ...?


No comments:

Post a Comment