Thursday, September 11, 2014

Yellow Umbrella


There was a horrific traffic congestion along Jalan Skudai in Johor Bahru after a heavy downpour.  The city really has flood mitigation issues.

Flash flood also occurred at Kampung Pasir, Tampoi, which affected some 50 families living there and the four surrounding villages nearby. Among them was Kampung Asam Paya where firemen had to rush to the scene to assist. I believe no one was hurt.

The water receded at a fairly fast pace at Kampung Pasir. I got to walk bare-foot in the rain. It was quite fun. Saw a centipede scurrying along the road as the water receded.

Haah ... A wet day but it didn't dampen my spirit one little bit.

Come rain or shine, we must continue our journey with a smile.  This one is for Hoon, who lost her battle with cancer today.  I don't know her full name but I doubt I would ever forget Hoon who always showed a cheerful disposition and unwavering faith. 

Farewell, Hoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment