Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Beautiful Day



A holiday cannot be complete without a body massage. So cousin Moo Lan brought me to this centre managed by the St Nicholas Home in Penang. A 28-year-old masseuse, Liew Yee Kuan, 28, gave my body a top-to-toe pampering.

Yee Kuan was among the six visually-impaired therapists working here after undergoing a wellness course offered by St Nicholas Home, a non-governmental organisation that works with the National Vocational Training Council.

The massage costs RM55. Part of the proceeds go to charity.


Earlier in the day, my cousin also brought me here 



1254W, Jalan Paya Terubong for breakfast. I enjoyed a bowl of "bak-kut bee hoon mee". Patrons can choose either the prawn shell based stock or the pork-rib based stock.


And after the massage, I had this bowl of milky fish soup bee hoon at Jalan Burmah in Pulau Tikus. The restaurant is called Restoran Sawara. The dish uses the garoupa fish.


Next, Moo Lan dropped me off at


where I indulged in some window shopping. After that I walked over to Gurney Plaza and the most amazing thing happened!

Johor former bureau chief Shahrum Sayuthi, who is now the NST political editor, spotted me in one of the shops.  He was there with our colleagues Balkin Kaur, Predeep Nambiar and Adrian Lai. We later walked over to the Gurney Drive Hawker Centre for a meal. I'm so happy to meet all of them.

I later joined Moo Lan and her daughter, Diane, for a meal at the Namoo Korean Dessert n Bistro. I had a tiny portion of rice and a bit of carrot cake, thinking that that was going to be my dinner.

I found myself hungry again after an hour or so. So I treated myself to a Fish-O-Fillet burger at McDonald's.

I am now a certified Chubby Chinese, no doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment