Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Green Drink


I have started my veggie juice therapy. It was fun to make the beverage. I also shared it with Shella who seemed skeptical at first, but she later said it was delicious. She was also glad that I didn't mess up the kitchen.

I also had bread toast using olive oil. The only unhealthy thing was I sprinkled salt on my toast. Can't resist that. I love salt.

I know my aunts in Penang love me, or they wouldn't have shared the veggie therapy with me. 

It baffles me when I come across Buddhist practitioners who are conceited. It is a fundamental darkness that they may not be aware of. They have ingrained perceptions and are judgemental of others. All of the Buddha's teachings about tolerance, forgiveness, acceptance, unconditional love all seem to "fly out of the window" when they are with people who clash with their views and way of life.

The fault of others are easy to see but not thy own, or that of those they love. 

It doesn't really matter whether you are spiritually inclined or you're a devout religious practitioner, if you have flaws like conceit, prejudice, hatred or greed, and you keep nurturing it instead of being aware and conquering those flaws, then all the effort of your practice is just going down the drain.

I sound so preachy today. It must be the side effect of the green drink.

1 comment:

  1. The side effect is turning into Incredible Hulk. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete