Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day Five In Penang



It is my last night in Georgetown, Penang. It has been a most enchanting, fruitful, magical holiday with many unexpected surprise meetings and unforgettable moments --- all unplanned.

In the morning I paid my last respects to my uncle who was cremated. The chanting was soothing and the weather was fine. Everything was settled before noon. 


I had breakfast with my cousin and three aunts.  I didn't need to order coffee or any beverage because my cousin had already made me a home-made lemon honey juice to bring to the funeral. She knew it was a hot day and it was good to drink honey lemon juice. 

I wouldn't trade my home-made lemon juice for any other beverage unless it was a breakfast or lunch set. Pure common sense, isn't it? I'm saying this because someone tried to make an issue out of me not ordering a drink. Jesus Christ, doesn't free will exist anymore? Not ordering a drink doesn't make me a rebel or a lesser person, right?

But it was a hearty breakfast nevertheless. That's life. If everyone says, thinks, acts and reacts the same way there would be nothing interesting to blog about. 

For dinner, I indulged in Miam Miam spaghetti in the Gurney Paragon mall



I also ordered a green tea parfait. I was told the French-Japanese restaurant doesn't allow takeaways or reservations.

After that it was shopping at the NaRaYa in the same mall for some souvenirs. This is a great shop to go to for affordably-priced dainty stuff.

Good night and pleasant dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment